Despite the much warmer than average September, fall and winter will inevitably come. The cooler mornings have me craving a warm breakfast, but I’m still a die-hard smoothie girl most mornings. Just an easy way to get a healthy breakfast in with an adequate balance of protein, healthy fat, and carbohydrates.
After a walk or run in the cold morning, whipping up a warm smoothie really hits the spot. This gingerbread-inspired smoothie is a take on one of my most popular 30 Day program recipes from 2020.
You can definitely tweak it in the following ways:
- add a cup of greens and or riced cauliflower to up the veg
- add/subtract ginger depending on your tastes
- use 1/4 or 1/2 of a banana instead of a date
- take out the chia and/or flax
- leave out the maca (this is great for caramel flavor and bonus of hormone balance)
Hope you enjoy!
- t tbsp soaked chia seeds
- 1 tbsp soaked flax seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 pitted date
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1.5 tsp blackstrap molasses
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- Soak 1 tbsp chia seeds & 1 tbsp whole flax seeds In water for at least 10-15 minutes
- Add all Ingredients to stovetop sauepan and warm until jusst starting to simmer.
- Take warm Ingredients and put In high-speed blender with a vented lid, carefully blend til smooth
- Serve topped with grainfree granola, cacao nibs or coconut cream